GPRC Wolves Minor Basketball Club
Minor Basketball Under Review!
The Wolves are reviewing the organization and structure of the Wolves Minor Basketball program. Our intent is to address some issues and concerns we saw last season and improve areas to ensure a quality product for the participants.
Some areas we are looking at include:
- Steve Nash Youth Basketball Program and our involvement with it. The curriculum is very good but do we need the extras that come with it.
- Age groups – are the splits appropriate
- Clothing – should we have our own tops with sizes more appropriate to the ages
- Basketballs – do we need to have one for every participant every year
- Lead instructor – should we have a Lead Instructor for each group responsible for the delivery of the program each week
- How can we make best use of parent volunteers and what type of training should we provide
- Minor Basketball Day – can we enhance this to have an even better experience for the kids
- The Registration process – how can we make it easier
We have done some good work already and we will provide updates as we confirm things. The Wolves are excited about some of the developments we have been investigating and know that the 2016 season will be very good.
For more information, contact Evan Lloyd
We have a new registration system - please look at our registration guide below! Club registration and account creation must be done in your child's name.
1. Finding your child's student ID
If your child has ever attended a Wolves summer camp, been a Wolves Club athlete or been involved in any other GPRC offerings
(such as Daycare or Music lessons):
Please call 780-539-2704 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain their student ID. After obtaining your child's student ID number, you will have to request an account for him or her.
If your child has never attended a program offered by GPRC:
Please create a new myGPRC account for your child by clicking here. (You will be redirected to Continuing Education - please follow the steps to create a new account from there!)
2. Log into your child's account
Now with your newly created account, please log in using your child's student ID number as the username and the temporary password that was emailed to you. These passwords often contain a lot of characters, so it is easiest to copy and paste this password back into the login. You will then be prompted to change your password.
3. Add club selections to your cart
After logging in, you will be redirected to the myGPRC homepage. Under "Continuing Education", please click on “Wolves Club Program” to see the course selections. Click on "Find Course Sections" to see when the desired club is offered and add to your cart. Then click "Proceed to registration". You will be able to finalize and pay for the camps from there.
Still confused? Check out the Registration Process - Quick Reference Guide for more information.
Registraton can also be done over the phone by contacting the Fitness Centre staff at 780-539-2007.