Alberta Sport Development Centre
With regional centres all over Alberta, the ASDC network aims to coordinate and enhance services available to Alberta’s emerging athletes and coaches, in both rural and urban areas, allowing athletes to develop and train at a high level without leaving home.
The ASDC Network supports the idea of a holistic training approach which we believe helps athletes to reach their optimal athletic potential. By combining sport science applications with support from experts in areas such as nutrition, sport psychology and injury prevention. Each centre helps coaches, parents and athletes build an ideal environment for enhanced athletic development and performance.
ASDC-NW & GPRC
Through a shared vision of becoming the regions sport science experts, ASDC operates out of GPRC’s High-Performance Training Centre. The HPTC is the official training facility of Wolves Athletics and a majority of ASDC-NW, including the Athletic Enhancement Program and other multisport and team training groups.
Each ASDC Centre is unique in its operation and coordination. This allows the Centres to best reflect the needs of their area and help coordinate the required programs to service the emerging athletes of their region. Collectively, the Centres carry a united passion and provincial mandate to support and coordinate the development of our emerging athletes and coaches. All ASDC Network members are responsible for ensuring that:
- Working relationships are built within the regional sport community
- ASDC services and programs are available to athletes and coaches throughout each region
- The Centres service all sports and do not focus on any one sport
- Methods for receiving input and feedback from partners in each respective region are established and utilized
In the past few years, ASDC-NW has been lucky enough to work with the following community teams/ groups
- GPRC Wolves Athletic Teams
- Grande Prairie Composite High School Football
- Charles Spencer Mavericks Varsity Teams
- Grande Peace Athletic Club (U16 and Bantam)
- Grande Prairie Skate Club
- Northern Lights Baseball
- Reds Baseball
- South Peace Volleyball Club
- GPRC Wolves Club Volleyball
- GPRC Wolves Club Basketball
- Nationals Basketball Club
- Nighthawk Mountain Bike Club
To support emerging Alberta athletes and coaches to achieve their competitive goals through the education and delivery of sport sciences.
To enhance sport in Alberta by providing resources to emerging athletes in Northwestern Alberta.
- Core Values: ASDC-NW works towards attaining the mission and vision of the centre by adhering to the following values
Accountability: Take responsibility for both actions & outcomes.
- Capable and Competent: Possess the skill, knowledge & ability to effectively perform.
- Creativity/Innovation: Embrace trying new ways of accomplishing a goal.
- Fun: Include the enjoyment of sport and keep a positive attitude.
- Integrity: Act with honesty, morality, fairness, and equality at all times.
- Quality: Provide and maintain a standard of sport science professional service aligned with the Provincial and National Sport Systems.
For more information on ASDC contact: