Alumni and Colleagues Exhibition
The GPRC Fine Arts Department is calling for submissions for our 2018 Alumni & Colleagues Exhibition at the Art Gallery of Grande Prairie. The Alumni & Colleagues Exhibition opens at 7:00pm on January 26, 2018, celebrating the 50 year anniversary of GPRC and its Visual Arts Alumni, while showcasing the diversity of our Alumni.
January 26 to March 11, 2018
Gallery 6 and Gallery 7 at the
Art Gallery of Grande Prairie
Submitted digital artworks are due by September 5th, 2017 and will be juried in September. The Jury will be composed of three Visual Arts Faculty, one College Executive Juror, the Visual Arts Coordinator and the Visual Arts Student Liaison. The Jury will then notify potential candidates to send in their actual physical artwork by October 20, 2017, at which point the Jury will meet for a second review of the artworks. (The committee may ask for broader and more detailed images and a concept overview of any installation or large sculpture submissions for the second stage jury.)
Submission and Process Guidelines:
- Artworks may include any style, medium, format and size.
- Any traditional mediums including: painting, mixed media, ceramic, steel, printmaking, installation, new media, video, digital and so on…
- Sculptures may not exceed 5 feet in height.
- Video, submit up to 5 minute excerpts only.
- Works may include submissions from practicing artists and professional artists employed in creative fields such as: Animation, 3D Modelling, Gaming, Graphic Design, Video, Illustration and so forth.
- Artists may submit up to 5 different works.
- Two mandatory close up images of each artwork are required. Work will not be considered without them.
- Total maximum is 15 digital images for up to 5 different works.
- Digital images maybe PDF or Jpeg Files, between 3 to 5 MB each.
- An Image Reference Sheet is necessary (size must be H x W x D in inches)
- Fair market value of each piece for insurance purposes.
- Career Path Resumé or Artist Resumé
- Include address for professional website.
- Those employed in creative fields, please include: name of employer and job position.
- Artists' Statement, maximum 750 words.
Things to Note:
- All works must be professionally framed and be exhibition ready for Final Jury.
- Artists must cover insurance and shipment of works to the Art Gallery of Grande Prairie
- The Gallery will reimburse all artists once a receipt has been submitted.
- Works will be insured while at the Art Gallery of Grande Prairie.
- The Gallery will return all submissions, at their expense, via the same method used to ship to Grande Prairie using packing material that they arrived in
- The Gallery will pay for return shipping and return insurance.
- For complex installation artworks, the artist must be present at the Art Gallery for setup in early January 2018.
We look forward to seeing your artwork and celebrating
50 years of student success with our Visual Arts Alumni!
If you have any questions, or would like more information, please contact