Albertans Supporting Alberta
As GPRC works to support the economic recovery of Alberta, the College launched the Workforce Advisory Council.
The Council will be guided by GPRC’s strategic priorities and the recommendations put forward by the Alberta Colleges’ Economic Recovery Task Force and the Alberta 2030: Building Skills for Jobs Report.
The Workforce Advisory Council will be led by Council chair, Dennis Landis, President and CEO of PrairieCoast Equipment. The Council will be comprised of 20-members featuring entrepreneurs, business owners, and employers representing a broad cross-section of industries in Alberta.
The Workforce Advisory Council will work with GPRC to:
- Support regional economic recovery.
- Strengthen connectivity with industry.
- Improve the integration of skills development in thriving and emerging sectors within GPRC’s stewardship region.
As GPRC continues on the path of becoming the northern centre of post-secondary excellence in northern Alberta, the College is committed to tackling the unprecedented challenges resulting from the global COVID-19 pandemic. GPRC will support and help expedite local, provincial and national economic recovery through the fostering of:
- Talent for a skilled workforce.
- Meaningful work-integrated learning opportunities to create pathways to employment.
- The implementation of innovative approaches to identify future trends in the workforce.
- Research and innovation partnerships to attract investment in the region.
Meet our Members