Innovation and Partnership
As we evolve, it is crucial that we inspire our students, faculty, staff, alumni and partners to foster innovative thinking to support students for a future where jobs are continuously changing. Learning and career paths are no longer linear, as has been the historic trend. We need to equip students with resilience and adaptability that will set them apart in the labour market, so they are capable of adjusting as the workplace evolves.
To embed GPRC in the fabric and culture of innovation ecosystems.
- Become a regional commercialization hub that will support incubation and acceleration of innovations from ideation to commercialization for Alberta-based start-ups, innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Incorporate advanced technology and digital tools (i.e. artificial intelligence, cloud computing, big data analytics, and machine learning) into existing programming, while emphasizing work-integrated and experiential learning through industry partnership.
To sustain and expand GPRC's research and applied research capacity.
- Integrate GPRC's activities into regional, provincial and federal innovation ecosystems.
- Increase the number of faculty and staff involved in research by providing support for faculty research projects and proposals, and opportunities for student engagement in research.
- Develop a student research scholarship fund.
- Enhance and clarify faculty research project funding and process.
- Actively partner with industry in the design, launch and teaching of programming to maximize connectivity to workforce.
To leverage partnerships for the enhancement of student and College opportunities.
- Establish stronger partnerships with K-12 school boards boards to increase access to post-secondary education for students in northern Alberta.
- Establish a Workforce Advisory Council to ensure ongoing connectivity to industry.
- Partner with other Alberta post-secondaries to enhance opportunities for GPRC's students outside of GPRC's stewardship region.